Web accessibility is a serious concern for businesses all over the world. In the UK, 1 in 5 people has a long-term disability.
A growing number of lawsuits against leading brands and a rising number of disabled individuals has compelled businesses to focus on web accessibility.
A study of 10,000K webpages found that 98% of web pages have accessibility issues. A local UK study checked local council homepages for accessibility and 40% of them failed the test. Having a fully accessible website means disabled visitors can use and interact with your website without any issues. It includes the design and development aspects of the website.
Theoretically, the idea of making your website accessible seems attractive with tons of benefits but practically, it is a hard task. There are several challenges that businesses face when it comes to making their websites accessible:
- Lack of accurate information about web accessibility standards
- Limited resources
- Lack of specific guidelines for developers and designers
- Unavailability of the right professionals who will manage the transition.
At the end of the day, it turns out to be an expensive, time-consuming, and resource-intensive task for businesses with a little monetary outcome. Even after spending heaps of resources, the website might not be fully accessible and might need regular maintenance (adding to the cost).
An AI-powered web accessibility solution accessiBe is making headlines. It is an Israeli startup that has come for the rescue. It makes websites accessible automatically in as low as 48 hours. Let’s see how accessiBe works and how it can help you make your website accessible and compliant.
What is accessiBe?
accessiBe is an automated web accessibility solution that makes websites accessible and compliant. It uses artificial intelligence to scan and analyze your website and makes it fully accessible within 48 hours. It has an easy-to-use accessibility interface that lets website visitors select an appropriate profile based on their disability. Here is how it looks:
The interface can be accessed from your website and provides a lot of customization features for disabled individuals such as content adjustment, color adjustment, orientation, and more.
Here is an overview of the key accessiBe features:
- An easy-to-use tool that you can set up in under a minute
- Fully automated web accessibility solution
- Extremely cost-effective (and comes with 7 days trial
- No maintenance cost
- It covers all the accessibility elements and standards e.g. UI, UX, screen-readers, navigation, etc.
- Makes your website fully compliant (e.g. WCAG and EAA) with certifications
- The AI tool monitors and scans your website for changes once every 24 hours
- Fully customizable accessibility interface that works on all types of websites
- It integrates seamlessly with third-party tools and CMS like WordPress, Shopify, etc.
- Keeps your website secure and ensures user privacy.
How accessiBe Works?
Here is what will happen next:
- The accessibility interface will be visible on your website instantly.
- The AI tool will start scanning your website and its elements. It needs a maximum of 48 hours.
- Your website will become fully accessible and compliant once the scanning completes.
So all you have to do is copy-paste a few lines of code on your website and leave the rest on accessiBe. It will manage everything on autopilot.
Web accessibility is indeed a complex task especially in a rapidly changing and updating environment that’s tech-driven. New tools and devices are making it harder for businesses to make their websites accessible.
accessiBe turns out to be the best choice. It doesn’t just make your website accessible, but it saves your business from lawsuits that you might receive from a disabled individual in case of an accessibility issue. It saves you from finding and hiring professional designers and coders for tweaking your website.