We all remember the times when playing video games using video game consoles was a significant part of every teenager’s daily routine.
Now technology has changed dramatically. However, we still keep the affection for retro games. Such a tendency is caused by nostalgia that makes us smile every time we hear such games as “Mario” or “Pac-Man.”
By playing old-school games, we return to places we have not visited since our childhood. Prepare yourself to make your dreams come true because presently, we have modern tools at our disposal to relive those sweet emotions.
Now, you do not need a physical console to play your favorite classic games. It is more than enough to have roms and emulators, which are free of charge and easy to use.
What Do We Call ROMs and Where We Can Download Them?
There is nothing mysterious about ROMs. They are the tools that can open the door to retro gaming, which you can access from modern devices. ROMs work as recent versions of old-style cartridges you were using to play on popular consoles. To be clear, ROMs are copies of game data that was stored on cartridges. We recommend you to download ROMs which are copied correctly without violating the copyrights.
The Internet is overloaded with ROMs offers. Still, not all ROMs providers are equally safe and trustworthy. You should be aware that some sites can distribute malware under the name of ROMs. You are responsible for the safety of your computer. You can download as many ROMs as you want at Killerroms. This provider offers an impressive collection of popular ROMs that are safe to use.
At Killerroms you can download the ROM games to emulate the following consoles:
The only thing you have to do is to choose the console whose games you want to play. Once you have downloaded the desired ROM onto your device, you can start playing it. Make sure that you have a powerful emulator.
How To Download An Emulator and ROMs on your computer or any other device?
Now let’s have a look at how to download ROMs so that you can play your favorite retro games on your computer.
1. You should start by finding the right emulator of the game console you want to play on your computer. Killerroms is dedicated to storing not only ROMs but emulators as well, which you can download for free.
2. Once you have made the decision regarding the emulator you plan to use, then you must download it. All the emulators provided at Killerroms will never infect your computer with a virus.
3. Note that your downloaded emulator is only part of what you require to play games on your PC. Also, you have to download ROMs for a particular game console you want to emulate. In fact, ROMs act as the old-school video game cartridges for the emulator, which do the same job as the console.
4. Once you have decided which collection of ROMs you want to have on your computer, you must download them. The ROM is a file extension, which resembles the abbreviation of the console.
5. You must know that ROMS come in an individual compressed format, for example, RAR or ZIP. That is why we recommend you to download a program for decompressing ZIP/RAR file formats. You can use a well-known Winzip program or 7-Zip, which are available in free and trial versions. You can leave the ZIP file compressed and place in its own folder. You have to make sure that all saved files go directly into the created folder. It is essential to keep your ROMs well-organized.
Many emulators offer a folder set, which comes as the default for your games. You just have to check whether your new ROM files go into that folder. If the folder has not been set automatically, you have to do it yourself. As practice shows, emulators offer the option File>Open ROM. Finally, you just have to pick the game and enjoy your gaming experience.