In this informative and comprehensive guide, we can discuss all of the ins and outs of lead distribution.
You will be able to gain an understanding of the benefits, success metrics, and whether or not it will be able to find a fitting place in your business operations. If you’re wondering what lead distribution is or how it can benefit you, then you have come to the perfect place.
Most businesses take up to 48 hours to respond to their leads and that is why it is no wonder that their potential customers wander off and choose to go with their competitor brands. Time truly is of the essence. However, not many businesses seem to agree with that statement because they seem to struggle with quick reply times and responding to queries.
Luckily, lead distribution has come along and its sole purpose is to solve these problems.
What is lead distribution?
Lead distribution is the intricate process in which inbound leads are assigned to a sales representative on your team. The main goal is to reduce lead response time and ensure that every single lead is assigned to the right sales rep. While you should be looking to reduce lead response time, it is always a good idea to prioritise customer experience first.
The keyword to remember is ‘right’. For example, what good would a quick response time be if you couldn’t give the right service? What would happen if you were assigned the wrong sales rep to call your lead?
How to measure performance
There are plenty of ways to measure the performance of your sales rep, but here are a few you should keep a keen eye on:
- Call duration– The time that your sales representatives spend on phone calls is a huge indicator of many things. It could mean that you have found the right group of people to handle what you need. It also means that this group you have found will likely get the results you want.
- Number of calls– Forget ‘less is more’ when it comes to the number of calls your sales rep is making, it says a whole lot about their performance. While you may prefer quantity over quality, it really is about the quality, in the end. The number of phone calls your sales rep is making can identify holes in their service or show how well they’re doing.
- Deals closed- This one is pretty much a no-brainer. This is a key identifier when it comes to your sales rep’s performance and provides a great insight into the performance of your sale rep as well as their ability to close a deal efficiently. This should give you an idea as to how well your sales rep is doing, or how much they may be under-performing.
The benefits of lead distribution software
- Reduced lead response time- When you implement lead distribution software, you are saving your business lots of time and your customers even more. Most businesses will lose customers when it comes to long response times, so lead distribution software can be the best way to avoid that.
- Assign leads easily- Lead distribution software automates the entire lead process and frees up a whole lot of time for your sales teams which makes them able to focus on other tasks as well. This will send the leads right to your sales reps’ doorstep.
- Analyse and track performance- You will now be able to track and analyse performance. This amazing feature allows sales managers to monitor all of the leads as well as the sales reps’ journey during the entire process. Later on, they will become able to monitor the sales rep’s performance in handling the calls.
- Better customer experience- One of the biggest plus sides of lead distribution software is that it enables you to improve customer experience. This is because leads are assigned to the correct sales rep every single time so they can handle the deal.
I sincerely hope this post allowed you to gain a deeper understanding of lead distribution and what it can do for your business.