So, have your companies already carried out the data migration and address validation, or is the project currently in the planning stages? It may be a narrow issue, though be aware that this will occur eventually.
Data Migration and Address Validation Tools make Processes Simpler
It is a consequence of the modernization of information technology (IT) and the digital transformation, all of which involve gradual changes in the systems used within the enterprise. Furthermore, a shift in the “rip-and-place” strategy can be necessary, in other words, when old software is completely replaced by a new one. Using tools like Egon, such processes will be simpler than you might think. Keep reading to better appreciate what this is all about.
About Data Migration
There is a common need to migrate data from existing legacy systems to the new environment in a system development or implementation project, no matter what type of project. As part of this process, data will have to be converted, processed, or transformed in order to be exported.
Increased and agile technological updates are generating a scenario of outdated data, in that the software and hardware used are reduced in their useful life, while different innovations are incorporated. At the same time, a number of innovations are being introduced. These are some of the main factors that foster the transfer of data.
Restructuring processes split, and mergers may also require this approach because they often point to legacy systems, that will cease to exist. The information stored must then be transferred to the new platform.
The Quality of Data is Important
An additional reason is the inadequacy of the existing system to meet the demands of the organization. It has little or no scalability, in other words. However, this situation can be caused by a lack of storage space, insufficient and inefficient processing, or new needs.
In which cases does it apply? The migration of data must be carried out without compromising the completeness and quality of the data in the specific case of files consisting of information on the addresses of customers and service providers or CRM (customer relationship management) and the marketing area for commercial databases.
There are problems when it is time to take the data held by the legacy systems to “fit” a new definition. A common error in system designs is that the project manager focuses too much on clearly determining the functional requirements of a new system and pays little or no attention to the data migration that must occur. It is also common for the data migration process to be portrayed as a simple activity within broader planning. There is no doubt that data migration is a rather burdensome activity within the project and, if it is not given due attention, it will become a critical project activity and may even lead to delays in delivery and even failure.
State of the Art Data Migration by Egon
In this field, it is always preferable to consult specialists. Egon, in fact, offers the best in the field of simple, fast, and accurate data migrations being a state-of-the-art software based on modern technologies that will allow you to work directly over the Internet without complicated on-site installations.
Thanks to Egon’s platform features, data migration from one system to another will no longer be a problem or a risk but will be a concrete opportunity to re-check all the information contained in your company’s different files, group them, correct them (eliminating duplicated data) and then restore them to new systems.
Address Validation is Essential
Trust in your data is crucial for all your business strategies and initiatives. Most organizations today use data to support business opportunities, considering it as a key resource to serve better customers and increase revenues. The address validation leads you to first decrease costs, stop wasted outbound mailings, and prevent wrong marketing activities to improve customer satisfaction.
With the presence of e-commerce, address data arrives in the database by using different interfaces such as live chat, mobile application, phone call, and email. According to recent estimates, less than 80% of addresses submitted online are without errors. The remaining 20% have different types of errors starting from obsolete formatting to incorrect postcodes or spelling errors.
For starting, it can be asserted that relying on a modern and error-free address database gives you the opportunity to deeply analyze the market and make the right decisions for the long term. In other words, your team will be able to analyze and carry out a set of accurate data, resulting in more effective decisions that will better support your long-term goals.